Monday, April 27, 2009

A Much-Needed Update

I'll admit it- I've been doing a pitiful job of updating this blog. The past 2 weeks have been a whirlwind of activity and a rollercoaster of emotion. It started with a trip to the Collegiate Triathlon National Championships in Lubbock, Texas- 17 hours of driving there, one day of competition, and then 17 hours back. I was extremely pleased with my performance, but this was tempered by the news that one of my teammates had crashed on the bike portion and broke her collerbone. Upon arrival back in Minneapolis, I literally collapsed into an exhausted stupor, only to force myself up a few hours later for our campus Rhodes Scholarship interviews. I think the committee took pity on me from the dark circles under my eyes, because I learned later that day I had received the University's endorsement for the Rhodes Scholarship. With the prospect of 3 upcoming tests, a triathlon grant proposal deadline, and countless meetings, however, there wasn't much time to celebrate. So, my post today signifies that things have calmed down to a reasonable level. I hope to henceforth devote the majority of my time to the Transversal. 

My short-term goal this week is to finish sending the last of the donation letters and work out the last details of the route. This week also marks my official start to training again after a one week post-nationals break. The delay in the route details comes from figuring out which roads are suitable for rollerskiing from a safety perspective. In the longer term, I hope to begin talking to businesses and publicize the event in local publications.

Hope all is well as summer draws closer.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment